For recovery addicts, having an unstable environment full of alcohol, drugs, and other possible triggers can quickly push them into a relapse. Sober living homes are meant to provide a safe and clean place to help recovering addicts. However, many people don't understand the purpose of sober living homes and if they are a good candidate for these environments.
Here, we'll dive in
The Purpose Of A Sober Living Home
A sober living house provides a balance between independent and structured living for those just out of treatment programs for substance abuse, mental health disorders, or other circumstances.
Sober living homes have rules and regulations that the residents must follow. These rules include:
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed.
- Be willing to consent to random alcohol and drug testing to ensure sobriety.
- Participate in house activities (chores, self-care tasks, weekly meetings, and many more.)
- Be accountable for your movement at all times.
Am I A Good Candidate For Sober Living Homes?
No addiction treatment center will send you to these residences until you're ready. You will need to work with a therapist to determine when you are ready to give it a try. Consider the following phase of life to determine if you are a good candidate for sober living homes. You might be a good candidate for sober living homes:
- If you need time to process what you learned in rehab.
- If you want to learn how to be independent.
- If you have already been treated, such as in rehab or detox.
- If you want to be accountable in your recovery journey.
- If you need a place to transition from treatment back to their normal life
- If you desire long-term sobriety.
- If you have high motivation to maintain your abstinence from substance abuse
- If you are fully aware of the challenges to come.
- If you have a strong desire to be independent and learn to support yourselves.
What Are the Benefits of Sober Living Home?
Staying in sober living homes can improve your chances of staying abstinent following your addiction treatment program. It is a safe and structured environment that nurtures and prepares you to re-enter the real world after addiction treatment. Sober living homes provide social support among individuals with similar goals, and these homes are safe and respectful places where recovery addicts continue gaining support from staff and peers. Some of the common benefits of a sober living home include:
- Improved life skills
- Lowered risk of relapse
- Help to find employment
- Constant guidance and support
- A strong sober social support system
- A smoother transition to independent living
- A safe, trigger-free space to pursue recovery
- Improved relationships with friends and family
Top-Rated Sober Living Phoenix AZ
Here at America's Sober Living Campus, we cater to men and women looking for a sober living home in Phoenix, AZ. We offer a wide range of treatment in our sober living homes to help people on the road to recovery. Don't let addiction take over your life. Call us today at 866-668-9624 to get help. Sober Living Phoenix Az