Implants Supported Dentures at Our Edmonton Dental Clinic
Are you looking for Implant-Supported Dentures in Edmonton? When the need arises to replace all of your natural teeth, a full set of dentures will likely come to mind first. While there are other treatment options available, dentures are a fairly economical and practical choice. Your Strathcona Dental Clinic team in Edmonton can help allay your fears about the drawbacks of dentures with implants for denture support.
Dr. Devon Laatsch is now offering dental implants and implant-supported dentures using X-Guide Technology. This technology allows Dr. Laatsch to more accurately place your implants during surgery. As well, since the implant is more accurately placed, this also means smaller incisions which means your procedure is minimally invasive, thus less pain, faster recovery, along with ideal function and more aesthetic results.
Issues Typically Associated with Dentures
Dentures that are properly fitted, patients don’t usually have significant problems with them. However, once the natural teeth are gone, jawbone tissue erosion occurs over time and problems may develop. Some issues that may arise include:
- Pain or discomfort in your mouth
- Food particles getting under the plate and causing irritation
- Difficulty with chewing
- Impediments to your natural speech
- Slippage of your dentures
- Sores and infections in your mouth
Denture Support with Implants
Implants are devices that act as replacements for the roots of teeth. Small post-like structures are installed into your bone through the gum line and once healed, are able to support dental devices such as dentures. Dental Implants that are being placed for dentures have small attachments your dentures will either slide or snap onto, holding your denture plates securely in place.
Dentures that are supported by implants will not move around and will not have to rely on suction or specialty adhesives to remain secure.
Benefits to Dentures Supported by Implants
- Dependable fit- regardless of changes to your jaw, your dentures will remain secure.
- Improved chewing- eating is more natural and you will be able to eat foods that were previously difficult.
- Comfortable to wear- since your dentures will not slide in your mouth and not rely on suction to your gums, they will not be as likely to irritate your mouth.
- Preservation of bone- within a few months implants fuse with your bone, which slows down erosion and helps reduce changes to your facial structure.
Not all patients are suitable candidates for denture support with implants. Your oral health specialists at Strathcona Dental Clinic in Edmonton invite you to make an appointment for a consultation to see if you can benefit from dentures that are supported by implants.
**If you’re nervous about going to the dentist—new ways of doing things have made modern dentistry more comfortable for patients, and talking to your dentist may reassure you and help you feel more relaxed. Ask us about Sedation Dentistry.